Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Brief dispatch from the front

What did you do with your Friday night? I spent mine drinking the port that my friends Arkadi and Nancy gave me and composing a reply to Charlie Greenbacker's comment on my "Gelernter wrapup" post. If you stopped back here expecting more ruminations on consciousness, you might want to look at what I wrote -- although I should warn you that it's a little, uh, looser in both diction and argument than an official blog entry would be. (It seemed, however, not quite in the spirit of the blogosphere to go back and delete the obscenities and tipsy hyperbole.)

I also think I should mention that the next issue of Technology Review will feature an essay by Daniel Dennett, so both the anticognitivists and the cognitivists are getting a fair hearing in its pages.

No comments: